Stone house “Kulla” of Sali Kajtazi (Mitrovica)

Status

Type of Protection: Inventorised Date of Protection:

Type of Protection: Under termporarly protection Date of Protection: 3755/2013 01.10.2013

Type of Protection: Under termporarly protection Date of Protection: 4164/2014 01.10.2014

History

Two floor`s Stone house (popularly known as) Sali Kajtazi`s “Kulla” is located in the village Kcic i Vogel in Kajtazi Neighbourhood in Municipality of Mitrovica. Based on the information’s obtained by Xhafer ( Ramë) Kajtazi that is Salih`s brother, he says that Stone house was built by Abaz Kajtazi, (Salih Kajtazi`s grandfather), in the second half of XIX century. Stone house of GF+ 1 height has a residential function, two floors have 4 rooms each. Stairs that lay from the ground floor to the floor are made of stones, the floor has also two hamamxhik`s (bathing corner) and they were designated specially for family members. Material for building of the Stone house respectively the stones were taken from a meadow that is popularly known as “cekli`s" meadow that is located about one kilometer away from the Stone house. It is also worth mentioning that the Stone house had a surrounding wall which part is fortunately still there but in very bad condition. Kajtazi Family is first family that is placed in Kcic and they came from Trstena village, they were educated, patriotic and rich, so they participated in every initiative for national matters by financing at that time: Isa Boletini, Azem Bejta, and other patriots but they also took part in the wars of: 1912-1918-1945. Stone house was inhabited until 1990, it was abandoned for a period of time until the last Kosovo War in 1998-1999, so that it was inhabited until the end of the war. Stone house on the stone foundation with constructive walls of hewn blocks with squared structure, wooden roof and ceiling reaches the height GF + 1. Lighting Spaces – are rectangular windows are framed with stone blocks of the upper part of the window and doorframes with arc shaped ends of the stones. Four-faced roof is covered with of clay baked tiles. The stones of the front facade and those at the sides are made of a rosette (sun symbols) with baked bricks, while the wall where the window is open above embrasures, above the embrasures is a rosette of five shapes form. The Stone house is out of function.

References

Unique number: 000464

Name: Stone house “Kulla” of Sali Kajtazi

Class: Monument

Institution: RCCH - Mitrovicë

Location

Country: Kosovo

Municipality: Mitrovica

City/Village:

Locality:

Postal Code: 40000

Name of Street:

Functional type and dating

Type:Arkitektuale - ENG

Period:

Century: 19th

Supported by:

The development of the Database is made possible by the generous support of the British Embassy in Pristina. The content expressed herein are responsibility of the Ministry for Culture, Youth and Sports and do not necessarily reflect the views of the donors.
The project for the development of this database has been implemented by the Swedish Foundation of Cultural Heritage without Borders CHwB.
© 2014 / The content expressed herein are responsibility of the Government of Kosovo ose the Ministry for Culture, Youth and Sports and do not necessarily reflect the views of the donors or CHwB.